I realize this is an never-ending debate, but in my opinion, cats are better than dogs. (Please realize that this is a generalization, and not meant to be personal.)
"Why?" might you ask, "Dogs are always happy to see you!" while this is true, dogs are [usually] always happy to see EVERYONE, unless specifically trained to be a guard dog or something. Cats generally only like their humans.
![]() |
| *Drawings not to scale* |
Also, dogs need to be washed on a regular basis. Like babies! Cats however, wash themselves. >^_^<
Cat mommies teach their kittens how to go potty. Dog mommies don't.
There are more dog owners in the U.S. but there are more cats per owner. This means cat owners love their cats so much they often have more than one!
Also, cats typically live longer than dogs. Dogs usually only live to be about 10-13 years old. Some larger dogs only live to be 7! Cats, however, can live to be over 20 years old if well cared for and kept indoors!
There are tons of other wonderful things about cats! They can catch mice, climb, learn how to use the toilet, know when they are full, purr when happy, go crazy if given catnip, are usually okay when their humans can't constantly pay attention to them, can jump REALLY HIGH, have an excellent sense of balance, are very intelligent, are really cute, come in a variety of colors and personalities, and so much more!





Some of those reasons are not mutually exclusive to cats! Some dogs can jump really high, are very intelligent, really cute, and come in a variety of colors....
ReplyDeleteJust saying. =p
Yes, I know. I wasn't comparing them to dogs in the last paragraph. Just praising their wonderful-ness :)
ReplyDeleteWhile I am team dog...nothing beats the convenience of a cat...minus having to keep a smelly litter box in my house. That part I can live without.
ReplyDeleteI have a cat that I swear thinks she is a dog. She even goes outside to use the bathroom! ^_^
ReplyDelete