Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pet Peeves

Everyone has them. Pet peeves are those little things that always bother you more than they seem to bother others around you. Here are some of mine.



People who have a long social discussion with a bank teller/cashier/librarian/etc while there is a huge line.


When someone drives EXTREMELY SLOWLY.

When people forget to turn their directionals off for several miles.


When someone doesn't use their directional at all and slams on their breaks to make a turn

When someone is late to a scheduled meeting, call, etc.

Negative political advertisements that attack the opponent and don't even state the views of the candidate. 


When people assume I am young because I am short.




Other pet peeves include:
  • Improper use of their/they're/there
  • Improper use of your/you're
  • Use of an apostrophe where there shouldn't be one



3 comments:

  1. I share the first pet peeve as well. It's especially infuriating when you're food shopping and you have a lot of stuff in your basket and the conversation at the front of the till has been going on for a good 15 minutes.

    Also, I am ashamed to admit I never noticed Daniel Radcliffes eye colour! but I am now incensed by the matter, do they not give him colour contacts in the movies? If not that's a tad uncaring of the design team/make up/whomeverdecidesthisstuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I can't freaking stand Daniel Radcliffe! Plus he isn't skinny, his hair doesn't really stick up in all directions, he's way too built, and he's kinda a horrible actor. Rawr rawr rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on the grammar stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete